Thursday, August 13, 2009

So it's been over a month...lol

side note (before the day is over...one last thought):
So i decided to make chicken teriyaki, potato salad, and fried rice for dinner...One of John's faves.  Coming from an upbringing that involved restaurants since I was the age of 7 really seems to have influenced my life.  My mom has been the owner of several restaurants ever since I could remember, five to be exact, and all those years working at her places really enhanced my culinary knowledge!  I'm now grateful for the experiences, which I used to dread, of working for her.  I LOVE food!  Here's some photos of our dinner:

From the pictures, it looks like John enjoyed it! :]


I knew I'd be too lazy to update this thing all the time...
So here's a recap of my month:

I had amazing friends come visit San Diego in the last month.  It's always nice to see an old friend, especially when you rarely ever get to see them.  Here's a few pictures of their visit to SD:






Definitely good times!  It made me realize how special those childhood friends really are. No one can ever replace them and no matter how long it's been since you last seen them, it's like the bond between you never changed.  
Next stop...Seattle! To go visit Charr and Tay. ;]

Ok, so before I start rambling about my next random topic, I'd like to address something that's somewhat important to know and relevant to this blog.  You might be thinking, "Why the title Three rolled tacos with a side of kimchi?"  Well, as a lot of you might know, I live in a house full of boys.  My beautiful boyfriend John and our two boys Landon and Harry. Here's some photos of our boys:

Yes, they're dogs... no children yet! But, they might as well be considering the way that they act.  Anyway back to the title.  My boyfriend John's ethnicity consists of Spanish, Mexican, and Filipino.  His family is much more heavily influenced by the Mexican culture than anything else, so therefore, I call him my mexican lol.  Although, I'm sad to say he doesn't speak a lick of Spanish, nor does he really know much about the culture.  My two boys, Landon and Harry, both being Chihuahuas, are also "Mexican," since they originate from Mexico. haha.  The bf loves rolled tacos and I figured the "three rolled tacos" would represent my three Mexican boys, and I, alone, would be the side of kimchi.  Yes, I am 100% korean.  A lot of people ask what my nationality is, so there it is.  Oh, and the url: www.loveangdu.blogspot.com has to do with my Korean name.  It's pronounced Eng-Doo...but for some reason I've always wrote it as AngDu.  Anyway, it's a goofy name my grandma gave me because she couldn't pronounce Andrea...it came out as Engdoorea. hahah. Btw, it means Cherry, as in the fruit. ;]

Next topic.
Unfortunately, my ridiculously grown out roots needed some TLC.  Rather than making my normal drive down to PB to get my hair done, I opted for a more reasonable distance.  I searched online and found a girl name Yuki Hikida.  She has a little hair salon in Carlsbad, and I figure most Asians understand Asian hair.  She did a nice job on the hair cut, but the color turned out a lot lighter than I had anticipated.  All I needed was a "touch up" on my roots, but nonetheless, I walked out of the salon as a blonde.  I don't find it hideous, It's actually growing on me and I'm starting to dig the new do.  BUT, it was kind of a shock when I first looked into the mirror at home and REALLY checked it out.  Here's a before and after photo:
It's not as noticeable in the photos, but there's a drastic change!


Alright, that's all I can really think of posting for now...I know, boring right? lol
I'll definitely work on being a little more consistent with my posts.
Till next time! 

xoxo,
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment