Thursday, May 6, 2010

The battle is over.

Not many people know this about me, but I've been battling through a 2 and a half year long lawsuit, one that involved the death of my puppy Ralph, and a nasty pitbull who was at fault for his death. Not only did the pitbull take the life of my dog, but also bit off part of my left index finger. I went through 3 intensive surgeries to try and reconstruct my finger, but my heart definitely hurt more than my finger. The hardest part of this battle, was getting over what was done to my dog. Believe me, it was gruesome, and I was there to witness it all. Some people say I'm crazy to put myself in harms way by trying to save my dog, but if I had to do it all over again, I would. I'm glad to say that as of yesterday, I'm able to gain closure and end that chapter of my life. The case is almost completely settled, and I feel as if a load of weight has been lifted off my shoulders. To be reminded of this horrific incident every day for 2 and a half years is by far long enough. I just thought I'd this with you guys since it has been such a big part of my life for the last couple of years.
RIP Ralphie! Mama did it for you!

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness this breaks my heart! :o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is to lose a dog. I actually lost my first dog, Diva, after I left for college and left her with my parents. She was hit by a car. I was so devastated, I'm still not over it. My boyfriend and I rescued her from the humane society and she was the most beautiful dog I've ever seen. She had these crystal blue eyes like a husky, but her breed was australian cattle dog/blue heeler mix (mutt). I'm a big dog person. I have her pictures on my facebook. I hope your finger is fully recovered. I actually saw on the news yesterday a little girl, maybe 4 or 5 years old, got attacked by her neighbor's pitbull and it destroyed her face. Pitbulls are not bad dogs, just bad owners ruin the breed. Anyways, sorry for the long comment but hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks girls. yeah, it definitely is traumatic to lose a dog, especially when you love them so much you treat them as if they were your own child.d i'm sorry about your dog carmen! i agree with pitbulls not being vicious by nature... the pitbull that attacked my dog was seriously mistreated by it's owners. anyway, thanks for sharing and commenting! <3

    ReplyDelete